Sonntag, 30. August 2015

Fauxdori

The Midori Traveler's Notebooks are great - I like the binding but not the format. I wanted an A5 size one with fabric cover, so I had to make one myself. Luckily there are tons of tutorials on Youtube.

Die Bindung der Midori Traveler's Notebooks finde ich toll, allerdings das Format nicht so. Ich wollte gerne eins in A5 mit Stoffeinband, also selber machen. Auf Youtube gibt es ja zum Glück unzählige Anleitungen dafür.


I ironed the fabric onto a thick interfacing, which was only sticky on one side, so tried if I could add a thin double-sided one. It works :-) To really secure it I sewed around the whole cover. If anyone has a tip how I can avoid fraying, other than spreading Glossy Accents around the edges, please let me know.

Den Stoff habe ich auf dickes Vlies gebügelt. Da es das nur einseitig klebend gab, hab ich mal probiert, ob man noch ein dünnes doppelseitig klebendes draufpappen kann - geht :-) Zur Sicherheit hab ich nochmal drumherum genäht. Jetzt muss ich nur noch rauskriegen, was ich außer Glossy Accents noch gegen Ausfranseln um den Rand pinseln kann.

Keine Kommentare: